Coconut Poke Cake
- 8 1/4 oz
- package white cake mix
- additional ingredients needed, according to cake mix package
- 1/4 tsp
- coconut extract (optional)
- 14 oz
- can cream of coconut (don't use coconut milk)
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz
- container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 oz
- flaked coconut
How to Make Coconut Poke Cake
- 1Prepare white cake mix as directed on package directions. Beat coconut extract into the cake batter and pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake cake according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. While still hot out of the oven, use a drinking straw to poke holes about an inch apart on the cake surface.
- 2Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Slowly pour the creamy coconut mixture all over the top of the hot cake and let it soak into the cake.
- 3Let the cake cool completely, then frost to top with the whipped topping, and then sprinkle the flaked coconut over the whipped topping.
- 4Keep cake refrigerator until ready to serve.