Coconut Pecan Pound Cake
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tsplemon extract
1 cpecans, in pieces
1 ccoconut, flaked
1 tspcoconut extract
How to Make Coconut Pecan Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour tube pan.
- Cream the sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing completely.
- Mix salt into the flour and add to the mixture a little at a time. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and lemon extract.
- Mix in the coconut and pecans.
- Pour batter in pan and bake for 1 hour.
- About 5-7 minutes before the cake is done, prepare the glaze. Boil all the glaze ingredients for 1 full minute to ensure the sugar has dissolved. Pour it on the cake just as you take out of the oven. Let it soak in and then raise the cake on a trivet to cool.