Coconut pecan coffee cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- two eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream, 8 ounces
- coconut pecan topping, recipe follows
How to Make Coconut pecan coffee cake
- 1preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10 inch fluted tube pan; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until well combined scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 2Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour and sour cream, beating on low speed after each addition just until mixed.
- 3Sprinkle half of the coconut pecan topping in the prepared pan. Spoon half of the batter in mounds over the coconut mixture; carefully spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining batter spreading evenly.
- 4Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Makes 12 servings.
- 5Coconut pecan topping: in a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, 1 cup packed Brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate pieces, 1/2 cup flaked coconut, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.