16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
3/4 csugar ; divided
3/4 cwhipping cream
1 Tbspcoconut cream ; optional
1/4 ccoconut rum
1/2 ccoconut, flaked
1unbaked 9" pie crust
How to Make Coconut Cheesecake
- Beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth ; beat in the flour , then the whipping cream , coconut cream and rum.
- Add the egg yolks ; 1 @ a time until blended ; stir in the coconut.
- In a medium mixing bowl: beat the egg whites until foamy ; gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pastry shell.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven @ 325° for 1 Hr.
- Turn off the oven after 1 hr. and prop the door open slightly ; leaving the pie inside the oven.
- After 30 minutes remove the pie and let cool.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hrs. before serving.