- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c
- sugar ; divided
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut cream ; optional
- 1/4 c
- coconut rum
- eggs, separated
- 1/2 c
- coconut, flaked
- unbaked 9" pie crust
How to Make Coconut Cheesecake
- 1Beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth ; beat in the flour , then the whipping cream , coconut cream and rum.
- 2Add the egg yolks ; 1 @ a time until blended ; stir in the coconut.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl: beat the egg whites until foamy ; gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4Fold the whipped egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- 5Pour into the pastry shell.
- 6Bake in a pre-heated oven @ 325° for 1 Hr.
- 7Turn off the oven after 1 hr. and prop the door open slightly ; leaving the pie inside the oven.
- 8After 30 minutes remove the pie and let cool.
- 9Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hrs. before serving.