How to Make Coconut Cake
- 1Set aside 8 oz of the coconut milk. Mix cake mix according to package directions but use the remaining 6 oz of coconut milk as part of the required liquid plus 2 oz of water to make the one cup liquid required.
- 2Bake cake in a 9x13 pan as directed on the box.
- 3Remove cake from oven and while cake is hot poke holes in the cake with a large meat fork.
- 4Combine the 8 oz of coconut milk (that was set aside) with the sweetened condensed milk and pour over the hot cake.
- 5Let stand at room temperature for three hours and then top with cool whip and sprinkle the coconut on top of the cool whip. Store in refrigerator.
- 6Coconut milk can be purchased with the Asian foods