COCONUT BERRY ICEBOX CAKE
The recipe and picture is from the web page - Self Proclaimed Foodie.
I think this dessert would be perfect anytime, not just for those hot summer days when you want something sweet and delicious without heating up the kitchen.
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 9 ounce box trader joe's toasted coconut cookie thins (can substitute with 2-3 sleeves of graham crackers)
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced very thin
How to Make COCONUT BERRY ICEBOX CAKE
- 1To make cream filling, start by whipping coconut cream in bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment on medium speed until it is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add confectioners sugar and mix on low until incorporated. Add coconut rum and mix on low until combined. Scrape sides, add heavy whipping cream, mix on low to incorporate and then increase speed to medium high for about a minute. Scrape walls and base of bowl, then continue mixing on medium high speed until nice peaks form, about 3-5 minutes.
- 2To make the cake, spread some cream on the base of the plate. Arrange cookies so that their sides are touching but they do not over lap. Cover cookies with a spoonful of cream, using the spatula to spread. Top with a second layer of cookies, rotating their pattern to cover any gaps, then follow with a layer of cream. Thickness in between layers should be thick enough so that there is a creamy layer in between, but not so thick that your ingredients aren't level or they slide around.
- 3Next, cover with a single layer of fresh blueberries. Top with cream, then top with two cookie/cream layers.
- 4Next, cover with a single layer of sliced strawberries. Top with cream, then top with two cookie/cream layers.
- 5Repeat until you run out of ingredients. I portioned everything so that my top and bottom layers would be the cookies surrounded by the cream.
- 6Garnish with additional berries on top.
- 7Garnish with additional berries on top.
If you wash your berries, ensure they are 100% dry and free of any moisture before using.
- 9Prep time is 20 minutes. total time-20