Coco Lopez Coconut Cake
My MiL served this beautiful, snow white, coconut cake and it was out of this world delicously moist!
If you haven't ever tried this easy to create cake, you really should! You will agree it must go down as one of the best coconut cakes you've ever had! Yet, it is easy to make!
- (18 1/4 ounce) box duncan hines deluxe ii yellow cake mix
- (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- (15 ounce) can coco lopez cream of coconut (found in the mix drink section of your grocer)
- (8 ounce) container of frozen cool whip, thawed
- (6 ounce) package frozen coconut, thawed
BAKE YOUR ABOVE CAKE MIX ACCORDING TO THE BOX DIRECTIONS IN A 13 X 9 PAN.
How to Make Coco Lopez Coconut Cake
- 1After baking your Duncan Hines Cake Mix, allow it to cool 20-30 minutes. Leave cake in pan and poke holes through the top of the cake with fork; space holes about 1 inch apart. Slowly pour Coco Lopez over entire cake, then condensed milk too. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Next day, spread thawed Cool Whip over cake and sprinkle coconut over top of Cool Whip.
- 2Enjoy your 'special' cake.