★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 call purpose flour
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Classic Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place flour,sugar,butter,milk,eggs,and vanilla (in that order) in a 4-qt bowl of a heavy duty mixer.
- Beat at low speed 1 minute,stopping to scrape down sides. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack and let cool cpmpletely ( about 1 Hr.)