1 cbutter, softened
1.25 cgranulated sugar
6milk chocolate bars (1.55 ounces each), melted
2.5 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 cchocolate syrup
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Classic Chocolate Bar Cake
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate; beat until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating until blended.
- Add syrup and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over top, if desired.