CLASSIC BANANA BUNDT CAKE
Thanks to cook Dorie for this recipe, and the photos, of course, are all mine.
- large, very ripe bananas unpeeled
- l small firm banana for garnish
- cups all-purpose flour
- teaspoons baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (soft not melted)
- cups sugar
- teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- large eggs, room temperature
- cup sour cream
How to Make CLASSIC BANANA BUNDT CAKE
- 4Add butter to the stand mixer bowl and beat until creamy. Add the sugar and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy (no grainyness remains)
I use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer with a paddle attachment. You can use a hand mixer if you don't have a stand mixer. When mixing the sugar and butter, it is important that you mix it until the grainyness is gone.
- 9Bake in the oven 65 to 75 minutes. Watch carefully that it doesn't overbrown (add the foil tent if it is browining too fast) Test the center with a thin knife close to the center. Cool cake on a rack 10 minutes before unmolding, then cool to room temperature. Here is what it looks like when it is done! Enjoy!