Clare's Apple Cake
I have yet to make this dish,I have however tasted it many times. every time I say I am going to bring this to a pot luck I have been beaten to the punch. It is very tasty and well worth the time and trouble it takes to make it.
Clare was a farmers wife,and from what I have been told an awesome cook. I would love to get a peek at her recipes,but no one seems to know where they are.Such a shame.So I charish this on above all my recipes.
Am going to have make this soon so I have a picture.
How to Make Clare's Apple Cake
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, make a mixture of 3/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon
- sift together dry ingredients mix well
- stir in orange juice, oil, and eggs beat well.
- pour half the batter into a greased tube pan.
- place 1/2 the apples on top of batter and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- pour remaining batter on top of apples.
- places rest of apples on top and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- bake 1 hr at 350. there are no hints to tell when cake is done so I assume that the tooth pick test is a good one.