Clare's Apple Cake
I have yet to make this dish,I have however tasted it many times. every time I say I am going to bring this to a pot luck I have been beaten to the punch. It is very tasty and well worth the time and trouble it takes to make it.
Clare was a farmers wife,and from what I have been told an awesome cook. I would love to get a peek at her recipes,but no one seems to know where they are.Such a shame.So I charish this on above all my recipes.
Am going to have make this soon so I have a picture.
- 4 c
- sifted flour
- 2 c
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- orange juice
- 1 c
- salad oil
- 4 to 6 c
- sliced apples
- 1 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
How to Make Clare's Apple Cake
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees, make a mixture of 3/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon
- 2sift together dry ingredients mix well
- 3stir in orange juice, oil, and eggs beat well.
- 4pour half the batter into a greased tube pan.
- 5place 1/2 the apples on top of batter and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- 6pour remaining batter on top of apples.
- 7places rest of apples on top and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- 8bake 1 hr at 350. there are no hints to tell when cake is done so I assume that the tooth pick test is a good one.