Citrus pound cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- six large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
How to Make Citrus pound cake
- 1preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 15 cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with 1 cup sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon orange zest, orange juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, and vanilla. Stir to mix. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 2Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, one hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Cover cake loosely with foil if it begins to brown
- 3Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup sour cream, powdered sugar, and lime juice. Spoon over cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons lemon zest, remaining 2 teaspoons orange zest, and remaining 2 teaspoons lime zest. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve. Makes one 10 inch cake.