When I bake I have to share all my little goodies with my friends and neighbors so I usually have larger recipes. This recipe will make 2 pans of cupcakes and 2 pans of mini cupcakes. This recipe would definately be okay if you wanted to half it!!
The cupcakes I made were lime cupcakes with homemade lime curd and lime buttercream. But as the recipe is so awesomely titled, you can change it up a bit and make an all orange or lemon cupcake or really switch it up and have an orange cupcake with homemade lemon curd and lime buttercream!! There are so many different combinations. Let me know if you made the latter and if you liked it.
- 1 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- citrus zest (orange, lemon or lime)
- 6 large
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- citrus juice
- 2 c
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- graham cracker crumbs (1 package)
- citrus curd recipe (or your favorite store brand)
- citrus buttercream recipe
How to Make Citrus Cupcakes
- 1Put graham crackers in a ziplock bag and with your hands and fingers crumble them. (I actually liked some bigger chunks in the batter so you don't have to get to technical with crushing them)
- 2In a large bowl add butter, sugar, zest, eggs, half and half and citrus juice. Beat well.
- 3Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- 4Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pans. (I use the PC large scoop for the regular size cupcakes and the PC small scoop for the mini cupcakes.)
- 5Bake at 350* for 16 minutes. For the mini cupcakes, bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- 6Turn out on cooling rack and cool completely.
- 7Using a small melon baller, carefully remove a small amount of cake from the center of each cupcake. (I used a cake decorators bag and filling tip.)
- 8Spoon or pipe about 1-2 teaspoons of citrus curd in the center of each cupcake.
- 9Using a star tip, frost the top with citrus buttercream and garnish with a citrus slice or a mint leaf, if desired.