Cins Twist on the Lemon Pound Cake
I made your version and baked them in 6 mini bunt pans. I doubled the sugar and 4x the lemon juice for the frosting. I had a lot more area to cover.
They came out great. They were for my Mom in law. I figured they would last a week. I made 6
different fruit compotes to go with them.
I was notified on the third day how good the cake and fruit all were.
She gave them 10 stars, that means she wants this again,
I think she liked it...(PHOTO BY: CINSTRAW)
- 1 pkg
- lemon cake mix (i use duncan hines moist deluxe lemon supreme)
- (4 serving) pkg. lemon instant pudding mix
- 1/3 c
- oil (or sometimes i use applesauce)
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon milk (more, of either, if too thick)
- 2/3 c
- powder sugar
How to Make Cins Twist on the Lemon Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a Bundt pan (or 10-inch
- 2Blend all ingredients in a large bowl, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3After pouring into the bundt pan, bang on the counter a couple times to release all the air bubbles.
- 4I sprinkled sugar-crystals over the top of batter; then sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon-sugar over that.
- 5Using a knife I run it down thru the batter in a swirling pattern going all the way around pan.
- 6Put in center of oven to bake for 45 to 50 minutes (cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- 7Cool in pan on cooling rack for 25-min's...invert onto cake plate and let finish cooling completely before drizzling with your glaze.
Whisk together well and drizzle over cake.
- 9P.S. If you want more than just a thin-glaze you can take a Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style flavored, (such as 'lemon white butter-cream',...or your choice), frosting tub and heat in microwave on high for 10 to 15 second intervals, until pourable.
Stir and pour over cake letting it run down the sides.
Or, you can just dust the cake with powdered sugar.