Cin's "Smoked Bacon and Banana Spice Cake"
So I figured they must be great together in a cake, right??
It turned out wonderful. And the smell coming from the oven was...well, we could hardly wait for it to get baked and we could try it.
I used real Brandy with a bit of Butter extract and Milk to make my drizzle...you certainly could use a brandy or rum extracts instead of alcohol if you prefer.
Well here is my version of a great spiced cake.
If you give it a try, please come by and let me know how (or if) you liked it...=;D
P.S. Next time I make it, I think I'll add in more chopped bacon.
- 1 box
- spice cake mix (i use duncan hines moist delux)
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- oil (plus 1/8 c bacon drippings)
- 3 large
- 5 slice
- hickory smoked bacon (fried and diced)
- over-ripe bananas (mashed-up)
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp
- butter extract
- milk (as much as needed to get glaze consistancy you desire)
How to Make Cin's "Smoked Bacon and Banana Spice Cake"
- 1preheat oven to 350 dF.
Prepare bundt pan. I sprayed generously with Baker's Joy non-stick spray and sprinkled with sugar.
You can grease and lightly flour if you prefer.
- 2In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, water, eggs and oil (plus drippings).
Whisk to blend ingredients(or use mixer on low).
- 3Now whisk generously to mix together well (or use mixer on med for approx. 2 minutes).
I usually mix my cakes by hand with a whisk.
- 4Fold in mashed bananas and chopped bacon, stir to incorporate.
Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and place in the middle of the 350 dF oven to bake for 40 minutes....ovens vary in temp so be sure to test for doneness with a toothpick in center of thickest part of cake and when it comes out clean (a few crumbs won't hurt) it's done. We don't like our cakes over-baked.
- 5When cake is done, remove to a wire cooling rack and let cool to touch then turn out onto a serving platter (cake plate).
Let it be cooling while you make the glaze.
- 6Mix all glaze ingredents together, whisking in milk until it's the consistancy you desire.
Sometimes I make it fairly thick and sometimes I like it pretty runny...depends on the flavor of the cake.
Drizzle over top of cake letting it drip down the sides.
- 7I loved creating this cake and hope you enjoy it if you decide to give it a try...=;D