Cin's Easy Pan Coconut Cake
I think I liked it better this way instead of a layer cake. The filling soaks down into the cake better.
All photos were taken by: Cin
How to Make Cin's Easy Pan Coconut Cake
- 1-box yellow cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow)
- Mix to cake mix...1-cup water, 1/3-cup oil, 3-eggs (room temperature) added one at a time, mix after each; and 1-teaspoon white vanilla.
- 1-can sweetened condensed milk, (I usen Nestle LaLechera); this is part of the filling.
- 1-can cream of coconut pie-filling, (I used Musselman's); this is part of the filling.
- 1-carton frozen extra creamy cool whip whipped topping, (thawed)
- I added 1/4-cup Splenda and 1-Tablespoon white vanilla to the thawed cool whip; whisk well to blend....this will later go on top of filling layer.
- Toasted coconut to garnish, (I toasted half a can of Angel Flaked sweet coconut); this will later go on top of cool whip layer.
- BAKE the cake according to directions on the package for a 9x13x2-inch cake pan.
When cake is done, pierce several times with a fork (or the end of a wooden if you want larger holes).
- While cake is baking mix condensed milk and cream of coconut pie filling in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
Pour mixture over hot cake right from the oven. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- When completely cooled, spread with whipped topping mixture, and sprinkle top with the toasted coconut.
Refrigerate until ready to serve (be sure to refrigerate leftovers if you have any).
- As an option you can bake cake in 2-round cake pans to make a layer cake.
Put half the pie filling mixture between layers and half on top.
Then put Cool Whip mixture all around side and over top of cake...then sprinkle sides and top with the toasted coconut.