Cin's "Easy Coconut Cake"
I concocted this for him one day years ago.
Turned out to be delish!!!
The whole family loves this one. The coconut cream pie filling just make it (you can make your own and cool it down, or use a good brand Canned Cream of Coconut Pie Filling).
Remember, you can make this in a 9x13 or 2 rounds.
For this one I did not toast the coconut...it is great either way.
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix (i used pillsbury moist supreme classic yellow)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk, (i used nestle lalechera)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of coconut pie-filling, (i used musselman's)
- 12 oz carton whipped topping, thawed...i used cool whip and add 1/4-c splenda and 1-t white vanilla; whisked to blend
TOASTED COCONUT TO GARNISH, (I USUALLY TOAST HALF A CAN OF ANGEL FLAKED SWEET COCONUT), THIS TIME I DID NOT TOAST IT
How to Make Cin's "Easy Coconut Cake"
- 1Preheat oven according to directions on box.
- 2Mix to the cake mix...1-c water, 1/3-c oil, 3-eggs (room temperature) added one at a time, mix after each; and 1-t white vanilla.
- 3BAKE cake according to package directions for a 9x13x2-inch baking dish (or in 2 8-inch rounds). When cake is done, pierce several times with a fork (or something wooden if you want larger holes).
- 4While cake is baking mix condensed milk and cream of coconut pie filling in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
Pour mixture over hot cake right from the oven (after poking holes). Place in refrigerator to cool.
When completely cooled, spread with whipped topping mixture, and sprinkle top with the toasted (or untoasted) coconut.
Refrigerate until ready to serve and be sure to refrigerate leftovers..if you have any!!!
As an option you can bake cake in 2-round cake pans to make a layer cake. Put half the pie filling mixture between layers and half on top. Then put Cool Whip mixture all around side and over top....then sprinkle all over with toasted or untoasted coconut.