1yellow cake mix (without pudding)
2/3 ccanola oil
2/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/4 Tbspcinnamon
3/4 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, buttermilk and sugar. Beat 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter in a greased/floured 13x9 baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture over batter.
- Pour remaining cake batter into pan.
- Top with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Draw a knife through the batter to make a swirl design.
- Bake 40 minutes at 325.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over warm cake.
- Note: Most of the time, I use Saco Buttermilk powder instead of fresh buttermilk. 4 Tablespoons of powder plus one cup of water.