Cinnamon Pound Cake
This cake has also been called "ugly cake" because sometimes it will stick to the pan, but I just pull it off and patch it up - it still tastes great! I think the either the 'swirling' or the cooling has something to do with it sticking, which is why I was very particular in the directions.
I hope you enjoy!
How to Make Cinnamon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together eggs, oil, and water on low speed.
- Add yellow cake mix. Beat for 3 or 4 minutes on medium speed.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon until thoroughly blended.
- Add instant vanilla pudding to cake batter. Beat for 1 or 2 minutes on low speed.
- Grease bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 of batter in bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of cinnamon/brown sugar mixture on batter.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 twice.
- Swirl with butter knife.
NOTE: I have found that the best way to swirl it is by inserting the knife near the center and moving toward the outside of the pan - pulling up and out of the batter and then re-inserting each time. Doing it this way seems to help keep the cake from sticking to the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (sometimes it takes a few more). Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 45 minutes to an hour - this will also help keep the cake from sticking to the pan.