Cinnamon Pound Cake
This cake has also been called "ugly cake" because sometimes it will stick to the pan, but I just pull it off and patch it up - it still tastes great! I think the either the 'swirling' or the cooling has something to do with it sticking, which is why I was very particular in the directions.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 box
- vanilla instant pudding
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- 7 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking spray
How to Make Cinnamon Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together eggs, oil, and water on low speed.
- 3Add yellow cake mix. Beat for 3 or 4 minutes on medium speed.
- 4In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon until thoroughly blended.
- 5Add instant vanilla pudding to cake batter. Beat for 1 or 2 minutes on low speed.
- 6Grease bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 7Pour 1/3 of batter in bundt pan.
- 8Sprinkle 1/3 of cinnamon/brown sugar mixture on batter.
- 9Repeat steps 6 and 7 twice.
- 10Swirl with butter knife.
NOTE: I have found that the best way to swirl it is by inserting the knife near the center and moving toward the outside of the pan - pulling up and out of the batter and then re-inserting each time. Doing it this way seems to help keep the cake from sticking to the pan.
- 11Bake for 45-50 minutes (sometimes it takes a few more). Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- 12Let cool for about 45 minutes to an hour - this will also help keep the cake from sticking to the pan.