Incredible Fruit Coffee Cake
- 1 box
- white cake mix
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped dried apricots or dried cherries
- 1/2 c
- miniature chocolate chips
- 1 tsp
- 1 pkg
- (3 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- large eggs
- 2 tsp
- confectioner's sugar
How to Make Incredible Fruit Coffee Cake
- 1Streusel Filling:
Place 2 tbsps. cake mix, apricots or cherries, chocolate chips, and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir well. Set the bowl aside.
- 2Place the remaining cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more.
- 4Pour 2/3rds of the batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- 5Spoon the filling over the batter in the pan. Pour the remaining third of the batter over the filling and smooth again.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool.
- 7Sift the confectioner's sugar over the top.