Cinnamon Buttermilk Breakfast Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 stickbutter (melted)
2 cself-rising flour
CINNAMON SUGAR MIXTURE
1 tspground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE ICING
1/2 cwhipped cream cheese
1 Tbspbutter (melted)
1 tspreduced fat buttermilk
3/4 cconfectioners sugar
How to Make Cinnamon Buttermilk Breakfast Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a small bowl mix cinnamon and sugar together and set aside.
- In a large bowl measure buttermilk, butter, and sugar and mix until blended well. The mixture will look curdled but it's fine.
- Add flour and mix; the batter will be thick.
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan or glass baking dish with no stick cooking spray.
NOTE: I've only used a glass baking dish.
- Spread batter in dish or pan and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter. Using the tip of a knife swirl into the batter.
- Place in a preheated oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place cream cheese, melted butter, and buttermilk in a bowl and mix until blended. Add half of the confectioner's sugar and stir well add the rest of the confectioner's sugar and mix well to make sure the icing is lump free. Spread over warm cake.
- Cook's Notes: There's usually some discrepancy or difference in opinion about temperature and cooking time for some recipes; I personally believe that heat intensity varies from stove to stove or manufacturer to manufacturer. My oven cooks rather quickly so I recommend that this be watched because it can burn. The finished product will have a very soft, fluffy texture.
I've tested this recipe by adding 1/4 cup of raisins and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans and it too was delicious. I believe the possibilities are endless for this simple but moistly delicious cake.
I've listed the ingredients in the order that they are to be used in each step.