Cindy's Secret Apple Cake
4 cpeeled, sliced cooking apples
2 cwhite sugar
1/2 ccooking oil
2 tspvanilla extract
2 csifted all purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Cindy's Secret Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine apples and sugar; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Beat for one minute at medium speed.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture, alternating with apple mixture.
- Mix until apples are thoroughly covered. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased and floured 9"x13"x3" pan.
- Sprinkle with topping recipe (follows).
APPLE WALNUT CAKE TOPPING:
1/2 c. light brown sugar
2 tbsp. regular flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1/2 c. finely chopped nuts
Combine all ingredients with a fork. Sprinkle on batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick
- Do Not Under bake.