Christmas Tree Coffee Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- cake compressed yeast; or
- 1 pkg
- dry yeast
- 3/4 c
- milk, scalded
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- 3 c
- sifted all purpose flour
- eggs, beaten (plus more as necessary)
- 1 c
- oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 c
- diced mixed candied fruit
How to Make Christmas Tree Coffee Cake
- 1Soften yeast in lukewarm water. (Use warm water for dry yeast.)
- 2Pour scalded milk over sugar, salt and butter.
- 3Cool to lukewarm.
- 4Stir in 1 cup flour and eggs.
- 5Add softened yeast and oats.
- 6Combine 1/4 cup flour and candied fruits; stir to coat fruits evenly with flour.
- 7Add to dough; mix well.
- 8Stir in enough more flour to make a soft dough.
- 9Turn out on lightly floured board or canvas; knead until smooth and satiny, about 10 minutes.
- 10Round dough into ball; place in greased bowl; brush lightly with melted shortening.
- 11Cover and let rise in warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- 12Punch dough down; cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- 13Divide dough in half.
- 14From one half, pinch off 17 pieces of dough; shape to form balls.
- 15Arrange balls in the shape of a Christmas tree on greased cookie sheet.
- 16Brush lightly with melted butter.
- 17Repeat with other half of dough.
- 18Cover; let rise in warm place until nearly double in size, about 1 hour.
- 19Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
- 20Decorate with confectioners' sugar frosting and candied citron.