CHRISTMAS RAINBOW JELL-O POKE CAKE..1980
Nancy J. Patrykus
This is one of them, picture and recipe is from from General Foods Corp.
EVEN A WHITE CHRISTMAS
SHOULD HAVE A RAINBOW. (cake)
I probably tore this recipe out of a magazine..way back in 1980.
I have made this many times..always have received raves and compliments on this recipe.
Hope you and yours enjoy it also.
MERRY CHRISTMAS !
- 1 pkg
- super moist white cake mix
- 1 pkg
- 3oz jell-o brand raspberry flavor gelatin
- 1 pkg
- 3oz jell-o brand lime flavor gelatin
- 2 c
- boiling water
- container 8oz birds eye cool whip
How to Make CHRISTMAS RAINBOW JELL-O POKE CAKE..1980
- 1Prepare cake miz as directed on package. Pour batter into 2 round cake pans. Bake time as directed. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- 2Place cake layers, top sides up..back into clean cake pans. prick each layer with a large utility fork at 1/2 inch intervals. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over raspberry gelatin in a bowl. Stir till dissolved.Spoon over i cake layer. Repeat with the lime gelatin on second cake layer. Refrigerate pans 3-4 hours.
- 3Dip one layer pan into warm water for 10 seconds. Invert cake onto a plate shaking the pan gently to loosen . Remove from pan and cover with a layer of COOL WHIP.
Remove second cake from pan the same way. Place cake on top of the first layer.
Garnish with flattened gum drops to resemble holly.
You will receive raves for this beautiful holiday Cake. I promise! Nancy 12/10/11