Treemendous Christmas Cupcake Tree
Anyway, you will get the idea and hopefully make a better one than mine and post the pic for me. LOL
P.S. My husband doesn't like to have his pics on the computer but this one he managed to have his "smiling face" in there and it was the only picture taken of the tree. That's because I wasn't happy with my little "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree". hehe Everyone seemed to enjoy it though.
Hope you do too.
- 70 - 80
- mini cupcakes in liners (whatever flavors you like)
- icing for cupcakes and for attaching cranberries
- red and/or green jimmies or sprinkles
- mini candy canes w/tied ribbon around them
- a stryofoam tree (can get at a craft store) ---it was a small or medium tree not the large one.
- wooden toothpicks
- nice tray or plate to place tree on
- gold gilded cranberries
- coarse sugar to place around bottom of tree
- greenery for under the styrofoam tree
- more candy canes to make a star for the top of tree
How to Make Treemendous Christmas Cupcake Tree
- 1Make your cupcakes. Cool them and then put your icing and decorations on. Now, refrigerate your cupcakes.
- 2Cover your tree with tinfoil.
Now, when you are ready to assemble take out your cupcakes and start at the bottom of the tree. Alternating the colors of cupcakes or the design on top. Placing them on the tree with a toothpick. I personally, placed the toothpick in the tree at an upwards angle and then put the cupcake on the toothpick. This will take some practice to get it right. Then, work one row at a time. Place them as snug as you can on the tree. As you can see from my picture that I ran out of cupcakes for the top of the tree. lol...this is why I am telling you to make more than enough. In between the gaps of cupcakes, if you have any...you can pipe some frosting. You can also hang the candy canes like I did or do both.
- 3There is lots of room for creativity on this tree. I wanted to do more but to be honest I was frustrated after I realized I didn't have enough cupcakes and I ran out of time, so it went to the Christmas party as is. lol
- 4I don't know the best way either to travel with this tree. That was the other frustration. I am making it for home the next time and it isn't traveling anywhere.