Chris' Pennsylvania Dutch Applesauce Cake
How to Make Chris' Pennsylvania Dutch Applesauce Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a 6 x 10 cake pan.
- 2In medium bowl, sift or whisk together flour with salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and baking soda. Set aside.
- 3With mixer, cream together butter with brown sugar until fluffy.
- 4With mixer on low, add sifted dry ingredients alternately with the applesauce to the creamed mixture.
- 5Remove from mixer. Stir in raisins. I use a heaping cup.
- 6Bake 35 minutes (check after 30--if toothpick cimes out with moist crumbs or clean it's done).