Chris' Pennsylvania Dutch Applesauce Cake
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 capplesauce, unsweetened
How to Make Chris' Pennsylvania Dutch Applesauce Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a 6 x 10 cake pan.
- In medium bowl, sift or whisk together flour with salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and baking soda. Set aside.
- With mixer, cream together butter with brown sugar until fluffy.
- With mixer on low, add sifted dry ingredients alternately with the applesauce to the creamed mixture.
- Remove from mixer. Stir in raisins. I use a heaping cup.
- Bake 35 minutes (check after 30--if toothpick cimes out with moist crumbs or clean it's done).