Chocolate Zucchini "Cake" Bread
It is almost the same as my old recipe that I have except I did not use the chocolate..I have missed out on a lot, in my life.
This recipe was handed down from a friend of hers and she gave me a copy..
The secrete is the 3 cups of grated zucchini for a more moist bread? I say cake!
The original recipe came from the Victorian Bed & Breakfast in Coupeville, Washington.
1 cvegetable oil
2 tspvanilla extract
2 csugar, white
3 cgrated zucchinni
2 1/3 call purpose flour
1/2 cunsweetened cocoa
2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 cchopped nuts (opt)
1/2 cchocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini "Cake" Bread
- PREHEAT your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 2 - 5" x 9" loaf pans.
GRATE zucchini, and I after I measured, I cut the 3 cups of grated zucchini again with my kitchen scissors to make smaller pieces.
- IN A MEDIUM BOWL... mix the eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar and zucchini (grated) with a large spoon until well mixed.
- IN A LARGE BOWL...combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. I used a wire whip to mix the dry ingredients.
- ADD the chocolate chips and nuts to the dry ingredients and stir again.
- ADD the zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon until mixed thoroughly.
- POUR into 2 greased 5" x 9" loaf pans.
Omit chocolate chips and cocoa powder and add:
1 tablespoon lemon rind