☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
10 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
·optional; whipped cream or custard sauce and fresh fruit
How to Make CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CAKE
- Melt chocolate in a large mixing bowl over simmering water.
Meanwhile grease and flour a 9" round cake pan.
When chocolate is melted, remove bowl and add butter, stirring until butter is melted. Cool
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg yokes until pale yellow, then whisk them into chocolate. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Whisk about 1/4 of the whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it; then gently fold in remaining whites.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and bake 16 to 18 mins., or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
the center 3 inches of the cake will still be soft.
Cool cake for about 15 mins. and unmold onto a cooling rack to cool.
- To serve, invert cake onto serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve with vanilla-flavored cream (whipped to soft peaks) or custard sauce (creme Anglaise) and fresh berries or orange sections.