Chocolate Surprise Cake
Angela (Grammy) Derby
How to Make Chocolate Surprise Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2, 9" round cake pans or 13x9" pan.
- Gradually add sugar to butter in bowl, creaming until light and fluffy; add eggs and beat well.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla; blend well.
- Pour 2/3 batter into pan(s).
- Blend chocolate syrup into remaining 1/3 batter.
- Pour chocolate carefully over batter in pan(s); do not stir. Spread evenly over vanilla batter.
- Bake at 350'F. for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite Chocolate Frosting.