Chocolate Surprise Cake
Angela (Grammy) Derby
How to Make Chocolate Surprise Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2, 9" round cake pans or 13x9" pan.
- 2Gradually add sugar to butter in bowl, creaming until light and fluffy; add eggs and beat well.
- 3Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Add milk and vanilla; blend well.
- 5Pour 2/3 batter into pan(s).
- 6Blend chocolate syrup into remaining 1/3 batter.
- 7Pour chocolate carefully over batter in pan(s); do not stir. Spread evenly over vanilla batter.
- 8Bake at 350'F. for 40-50 minutes.
- 9Cool and frost with your favorite Chocolate Frosting.