Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
3 1/2 cbiscuit mix
2/3 cplus two teaspoons granulated sugar
1/2 ccocoa powder
1 cmilk, whole
1 1/3 cmelted butter
2 1/2 ptfresh strawberries
2 cheavy cream
3 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
1 cchocolate syrup
How to Make Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
- In a large bowl, combine, baking mix, 2/3 cup of sugar and cocoa.
- Stir in milk and butter and stir until well blended. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls at least 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Brush on top of shortcakes and sprinkle with remaining sugar
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Set aside 10 whole strawberries and slice the remaining ones.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and confectioners sugar until soft peaks form.
- Split the 10 shortcakes in half. Spread half of the whipped cream and all of the sliced strawberries on the layers. Put on the top layer and spread the other half of the whipped cream on them. Drizzle tops with chocolate syrup. Top with the whole strawberry...