Chocolate spiders baked in a jar
You bake this cake in wide mouth 1/2 pint mason jar or jelly jar. Then top it with a chocolate spider web. This makes a wonderfully scary party treat.
- 1 box
- devils food chocolate cake mix
- 1 box
- punpkin or orange cake mix
- 12 oz
- chocolate chips or chocolate mint chips
- 2 Tbsp
- the eggs and oil needed to make the cake mixes
How to Make Chocolate spiders baked in a jar
- 1For every box of cake mix in pumpkin or orange You will need about 1/4 of the chocolate cake mix.
Spray the inside of a new wide mouth 1/2 pint jars. do as many as guests. Inside make a spider or write something scary. Do this in the lower 1/2 of jar.
- 2The spider: I divided my dry Chocolate cake mix into 4 and using only 1/4 of the mix, added only enough water to make it a thick paste. Then putting it in a icing bag, or a plastic baggy with a cut end, pipe a spider on the lower 1/2 of the inside of the jar after you have spayed the inside lightly with oil. Make sure the paste is thick so the spider would stay in place.
- 3Make pumpkin, orange or even white cake mix as directed.
- 4Pour carefully just enough cake batter to go 1/2 way up jar.
- 5Put jars on a cookie sheet. Put that into a preheated 350 Degree oven for 18-22 minutes watching to see they are done but not over done.
- 6In the mean time make webs from the chocolate chips and butter, melted together. I like the microwave for that. do it is 30 second cycles. Look above for the picture to do that. Place then in the fridge after making.
- 7Cool cakes completely. then top with webs before serving.