Chocolate Souffle Cake
Only six ingredients.
The only reason I wrote 1 hr cook time is because you bake it 30 minutes and let it cool 30 minutes.
Add fresh berries, a spoonful of fruit preserve or a dollop of whipped cream on top. DO NOT substitute the unsalted butter, but may substitute the coffee with Kahlua or coffee liquer - yum!
- 5 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- coffee, black and strongly brewed
- 1 c
- sweet unsalted butter (no substitute), cut up and softened
- 6 oz
- bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla or almond extract
How to Make Chocolate Souffle Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Greast 9" springform pan. Also line outside of pan with foil.
- 2Beat eggs and sugar together in large mixer bowl at medium-high speed for about 8 or 10 minutes or until thick. Reduce speed to medium. Beat in coffee and butter just until blended and it looks curdled. Beat in chocolate and vanilla until combined.
- 3Pour into pan. Bake about 30 minutes or just until set. Cool on rack for 30 minutes.