★★★★★ 2 votes5
16 ozsemisweet chocolate squares
10 Tbspunsalted butter
1 Tbspunbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1white candy rose
1/2 cheavy cream
3semisweet chocolate squares
How to Make Chocolate-Silk Mousse Cake
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Butter bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Line bottom with parchment or waxed paper.
- Using heavy-duty aluminum foil, wrap foil under and up outside of spring form pan to prevent leaks; set aside.
- In 3-qt saucepan, combine cut-up chocolate and butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate and butter melt and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with whisk, beat eggs and sugar over hot, but not boiling, water, until eggs are lukewarm and foamy and sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Beat egg mixture at high speed until very thick and pale yellow--about 8 minutes.
- Beat in flour.
- Spoon about one fourth egg mixture into cooled chocolate.
- Fold chocolate back into remaining egg mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place pan in deep roasting pan.
- Fill with enough hot water to come 2/3rds of the way up the side of springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes (mixture will still be soft in center).
- Place cake on wire rack; remove foil; carefully loosen edge of cake with a sharp knife or metal spatula.
- DO NOT remove side of springform pan.
- Cool at room temperature 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- On day of serving prepare glaze: In small saucepan, combine heavy cream and chocolate.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Chill until thick enough to spread but still pourable--20 minutes.