★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- chocolate cake mix with pudding (and ingredients to make it as directed on box)
- 1 pkg
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- red raspberry pie filling (21 oz.)
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 1Prepare cake mix as directed on box, adding 1 cup of chocolate chips to batter.
- 2Spoon into two prepared 9" round cake pans and bake at 325 degrees 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 3Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- 4Meanwhile, melt remaining chocolate chips; gradually stir in sour cream.
- 5Spread 2/3 c of pie filling on one cake layer.
- 6Top with second layer and frost cake with sour mixture and garnish with remaining pie filling.
- 7Chill 2 hours and serve.