Chocolate Pudding Cake
The phone rang and I got side-tracked. Getting back to my cake I poured it into the Bundt pan and then added my pudding. A few minutes after placing the cake in my oven I realized I did not add the extra 3/4 cup of milk. I am glad I messed up, for it turned out great. My baker daughter loved it as did my church group.
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1Prepare cake according to package instructions.
- 2Pour cake mix into floured Bundt pan.
- 3Stir in only 1 cup of cold milk into pudding mix.
- 4Immediately add prepared pudding mix to cake batter already in Bundt pan. If you don't do so immediately the pudding will thicken too much and make it difficult to add to cake batter.
- 5Bake according to directions for cake mix and then cool cake on wire wrack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 6Let cake cool completely before adding your favorite frosting. Rather than frosting sprinkle with powdered sugar just prior to serving. This is so moist you do not really need frosting.