Chocolate Praline Layer Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cwhipping cream
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cpecans, coarsely chopped
1 boxdevil's food cake mix
1.75 cwhipping cream
1/4 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Chocolate Praline Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small heavy saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup whipping cream and brown sugar.
- Cook over low heat, just until butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2 8 or 9" round cake pans; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Carefully, spoon batter over pecan mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat 1 3/4 cups whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Blend in powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake, place 1 layer on serving plate, praline side up.
- Spread with 1/2 of whipped cream.
- Top with second layer, praline side up; spread top with remaining whipping cream.
- Garnish with whole pecans and chocolate curls, if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.