Chocolate Pound Cake (#15)
I know some the recipes are really lacking in some or all areas, but I am posting them as they are in the cookbook
How to Make Chocolate Pound Cake (#15)
- Sift flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup cocoa and a pinch of salt together.
- Cream 1 cup margarine, shortening and granulated sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add flour mixture and 1 1/4 cups milk to egg mixture alternately.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla; Mix until smooth.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Blend remaining margarine, remaining cocoa, remaining vanilla, confectioners' sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt;
- Add milk until of spreading consistency. Cool cake; frost.
Mrs. Imogene Cole
Piedmont Highway Church of God LWWB