Chocolate Poke Cake
- (18.25 oz) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 bottle
- hershey's chocolate syrup
- 3/4 c
- chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- 1 can(s)
- can chocolate frosting (milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
How to Make Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1Prepare the cake according to directions on the box except add half of the chopped nuts into the batter before baking.
- 2Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
- 3Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke several holes in the cake.
- 4Slowly pour chocolate syrup into each hole. As it soakes up the syrup, go back and pour more syrup. You want it to be moist but not mushy.
- 5Cover the cake with the chocolate frosting and sprinkle the remaining nuts.