Chocolate Poke Cake
1(18.25 oz) box devil's food cake mix
1 bottlehershey's chocolate syrup
3/4 cchopped walnuts or chopped pecans
1 can(s)can chocolate frosting (milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
How to Make Chocolate Poke Cake
- Prepare the cake according to directions on the box except add half of the chopped nuts into the batter before baking.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke several holes in the cake.
- Slowly pour chocolate syrup into each hole. As it soakes up the syrup, go back and pour more syrup. You want it to be moist but not mushy.
- Cover the cake with the chocolate frosting and sprinkle the remaining nuts.