Chocolate & pistachio cheese cake
Irisa Raina 9
·3 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
·1-1/2 cups white sugar
·1/2 cup all-purpose flour “sifted “
·1 teaspoons pure vanilla
·2 teaspoons fresh squeezed orange juice
·2 teaspoons grated orange peel
·7 large eggs, lightly beaten
·1/3 cup miniature dark chocolate chips
·½ cup chopped pistachios “divided”
How to Make Chocolate & pistachio cheese cake
- Place a greased 9-in. spring form pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla, ½ of the nuts, orange juice and orange peel.
Add eggs; slowly beating on low speed just until combined
- Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place spring form pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes " depending on your oven " or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath.
- Sprinkle with other ½ of saved pistachios
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- When cheesecake is completely cooled, cover and refrigerate overnight.