Chocolate & pistachio cheese cake
Irisa Raina 9
- 3 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour “sifted “
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup miniature dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pistachios “divided”
How to Make Chocolate & pistachio cheese cake
- 1Place a greased 9-in. spring form pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla, ½ of the nuts, orange juice and orange peel.
Add eggs; slowly beating on low speed just until combined
- 3Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place spring form pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes " depending on your oven " or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath.
- 5Sprinkle with other ½ of saved pistachios
- 6Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- 7Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 8When cheesecake is completely cooled, cover and refrigerate overnight.