Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Cake
- 1 box
- betty crocker triple chocolate cake mix, divided
- 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- peppermint extract
- 1 pkg
- jell-o instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 6 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- crushed candy canes
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Cake
- 1Set aside 2 tbsp. cake mix in separate small bowl. Mix together on low speed until blended the remaining cake mix, eggs, oil, water, extract, pudding mix, and sour cream. Blend for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping down sides.
- 2Toss the semi-sweet chips with the reserved dry cake mix until covered; then fold into batter by hand with spatula (this keeps them suspended in batter rather than sinking to bottom). Spray bundt-shaped cake pan with Baker's Joy OR grease and lightly flour - do not use oil.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 45-48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of ring comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto wire cooling rack until no longer warm.
- 4Crush peppermint candy until much of it is fine powder and just a few small chunks remain (I used a food processor). Sift crushed candy over top of cooled cake, then sprinkle larger pieces over candy dust. Refreshing served for dessert with coffee!