Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Cake and Frosting
Recipe and photo adapted from Allrecipes.
2 Tbsppowdered sugar
2 Tbspbutter, softened
2 Tbsphot water
1 cpeanut butter chips
1 pkg(18 ounces) white or vanilla cake mix (pudding in the mix type)
1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
3 pkg(3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cbutter, softened
5 cpowdered sugar
5 to 7 Tbsplight cream
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Cake and Frosting
- Combine cocoa, powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. hot water in small bowl until smooth; set aside.
Melt peanut butter chips and1 tbsp. butter in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water; set aside.
- Combine dry cake mix, brown sugar, 1 1/4 cups water, the eggs and melted peanut butter mixture in large mixer bowl; beat on low speed until moistened (30 seconds to a minute).
Beat on medium speed 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups batter to reserved cocoa mixture; blend well.
Pour remaining batter into a greased and floured 13 X 9 inch pan; spoon dollops of chocolate batter on top.
Swirl with knife or spatula for marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
Can be baked in a Bundt cake pan for 1 hour.
Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert and cool completely.
- FROSTING: Blend cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl.
Combine powdered sugar and cocoa; add alternately with cream to cream cheese mixture.
Beat to spreading consistency.