Chocolate peanut butter cake
2 ccake flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 stickbutter, unsalted at room tempature
1 1/3 cwhite sugar
3/4 ccreamy peanut butter
1chocolate frosting - see recipe
1peanut butter filling - see recipe
1chocolate glaze - see recipe
How to Make Chocolate peanut butter cake
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 9inch round cake pans ( I didnt have them and used a rectangular pan)
Line botton with waxed paper circles or shape of the pan you using.
Dust sides with chocolate powder tapping out excess.
- 2.stir together 2 cups cake flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- 3.beat butter in a large bowl until smooth. gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture add milk alternately in three additions beginning and ending with flour. Scrape into prepared pans.
- 4.Bake in preheated over for 30 minutes cool cake pans on wire racks for 15 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely, remove waxed paper.
- 5.place one cake on the serving platter spread top with peanut butter filling, place second layer on top frost the top and sides with the chocolate frosting, pour glaze over the top, tip plate so that some glaze can drip over the sides of the cake.
- chocolate frosting and Peanut Butter Filling:
3/4 cups butter ( 1 1.5 sticks ) at room temp
1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar 10x
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate drizzle
1. prepare butter base for filling and the frosting. beat butter in large bowl until smooth. gradually beat in 10x powdered sugar until smooth. add milk and vanilla and beat on high until light and fluffy.
2. to prepare peanut butter filling place 1/2 of the mixture in a small bowl and stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter.
3. to prepare chocolate frosting beat 1/2 cup cooled chocolate glaze into remaining butter mixture in large bowl.
- Chocolate Glaze:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup water
2 Tablespoon unsalted butter at room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt chocolate with water butter and vanilla in top of double boiler over hot but not boiling water stir until smooth cool completely.
2. use 1/2 cup glaze for chocolate frosting reserve the remaining to pour over frosted cake, gently reheat the glaze if it becomes too think to pour or drizzle.