CHOCOLATE PBJ BANANA UPSIDE DOWN DUMP CAKE
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is definitely not your traditional dump cake! The orange marmalade blended lovely with the peanut butter and bananas. Super easy to make, this is great to take along to a summer cookout! The Test Kitchen
1 boxfudge or devil food chocolate cake mix
1 cbrown sugar
1 sticksoft butter
3/4 cpeanut butter
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cjelly or preserves (I used orange marmalade)
How to Make CHOCOLATE PBJ BANANA UPSIDE DOWN DUMP CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake as directed on the box. Set aside.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with butter cooking spray.
- In a small bowl cream the butter and brown sugar. Spread the mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Slice the bananas long way and cut in half and arrange in bottom of pan. Put peanut butter by the teaspoons on the bottom of the pan. Arrange the jelly in open areas. Toss in chocolate morsels. Pour cake batter over the ingredients.
- Bake for 45 mins or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool about 10 minutes and loosen the sides and invert onto a platter.
- If you want a more moist and gooey Dump Cake mix 6 tbsp butter, 1/2 c brown sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and heat in microwave for 45 seconds and pour over cake.
- Cut into squares and serve.