Chocolate Orange Supreme Cake
1dark chocolate cake mix (i used pillsbury moist supreme)
1/4 corange juice, fresh
FILLING AND FROSTING
1 cbutter, softened
6 cpowdered sugar
·pinch of salt
3 Tbsporange zest
5-6 Tbsporange juice, fresh
8 ozorange marmalade
How to Make Chocolate Orange Supreme Cake
- Prepare cake mix per package directions, but substitute 1/4 cup of orange juice for part of the liquid called for.
- Bake, according to package dirextions, in 2-8 inch cake pans that have been sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Remove cake from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For Filling and Frosting: Cream together butter, salt and sugar. This will be fairly dry and fluffy.
- Add orange zest and blend.
- Blend in orange juice until frosting is a fairly stiff spreading consistency.
- Using 1/2 cup of frosting, blend in orange marmalade and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. This will be the filling for the cake. Spread between layer and frost cake with the rest of the frosting.