Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 c
- butter (not margarine or shortening)
- 1 c
- 16 oz
- semisweet chocolate pieces or chips (not chocolate flavored)
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 c
- chilled whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
How to Make Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 3 inch spring form pan. Heat granulated sugar, butter, water and chocolate in a 3 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Stir in the eggs. Pour into the pan.
- 2Bake until wooden pic inserted into the center comes out clean (45-50 minutes). Cool completely. Remove side of the pan. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled; at least 4 hours.
- 3Remove plastic wrap. Beat cream and powdered sugar in a chilled 1 1/2 quart bowl, until stiff. Garnish the top of cake with whipped cream and if desired almond slices. Keep refrigerated.