Chocolate Mousse Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 16 oz
- bittersweet chocolate
- 10 oz
- 8 oz
- 5 oz
- egg yolks
- egg whites
How to Make Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1Melt the chocolate together with the butter in a saucepan over the stove in a place not too hot.
- 2Beat the 10 egg yolks with 5 ounces of sugar and then add them to half of the melted chocolate.
- 3Beat 6 egg whites very firmly and fold the chocolate mixture into them, adding at the end the 8 ounces of flour.
- 4Put into a butter and floured cake pan and bake for 45 minutes at low (250).
- 5Let cool.
- 6Beat the remaining 6 egg whites until very stiff, adding 5 ounces of sugar while beating.
- 7Fold into them the rest of the chocolate which must be hardly warm.
- 8Cover the cake with the chocolate mousse.
- 9Then sprinkle over the top and the side grated chocolate.
- 10Leave the cake in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.