Chocolate Mountain Peaks Cake
- half c
- butter, unsalted rm. temp.
- 2 c
- 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 large eggs, 3/4 cup cooking cocoa
- 13/4 cups flour,3/4 tsp. bk. powder, 3/4 tsp. bk. soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt, 13/4 cups whole milk
- one cup heavy cream warm, one 12 oz. semisweet choc. chips, 1/2 pkg. semisweet choc. chips, 1/2 pkg. white choc. chips
How to Make Chocolate Mountain Peaks Cake
- 1grease cake pans... cream butter, sugar vanilla and eggs till fluffy .In separate bowl blend dry ingredients. Add flour, cocoa, bk. powder, bk. soda, salt alternately with milk and beat till well blended. Pour evenly in two pans cook at 350 for 30 minutes till tested done in middle.cool loafs
- 2I used a semisweet instant pudding in the middle but have previously used mousse and also raspberry preserves and all are delicious. Semisweet chocolate Ganache icing ....heat cream till warm, add the chips and stir till melted, them whisk till well blended. Pour in middle of top of cake and smooth out with flat spatula letting it run down the sides. Let cool till hardens. Melt carefully in microwave the 1/2 pkgs. of chips, separately ,and spread on wax paper about 1/4 inch thick. Let cool and harden then break up in irregular pieces
- 3Decorative peaks of chocolate..... design by pressing broken chocolate pieces on top or the cake, being creative . To finish, dust peaks with a little confectioners sugar.