★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 Tbspsugar, divided
2 Tbspbaking cocoa
1/3 cfat-free milk
2 Tbspsemisweet chocolate chips
1/8 tspmint extract
How to Make CHOCOLATE MINT SOUFFLES
- Separate eggs. Place whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place yolks in another bowl; set aside.
- Coat two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with the 1 teaspoon sugar; place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and extract until chips are melted. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold a fourth of the egg whites into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until tops are puffed and centers are almost set. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings.