Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Cake
- 1-1/4 stick
- 6 c
- oreo cookies, crumbled
- 1 qt
- mint chocolate chip ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 lb
- andes creme de menthe thins candy, chopped and frozen
- 1 bottle
- smucker's magic shell chocolate fudge topping (to taste)
- 1 c
- whipped cream (to taste)
How to Make Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Cake
- 1In saute pan, heat butter over medium-low heat until softened. Remove from heat, add cookie crumbs to pan and stir until butter is evenly distributed throughout the crumbs.
- 2Line a half sheet cake size pan (approximately 18" x 13" x 2") with plastic wrap. Spread half the cookie crumb mixture over the plastic.
- 3With mixer on lowest speed or by hand, combine ice cream and candy, mixing slowly.
- 4Pour ice cream mixture over cookie crumbs and spread gently throughout pan, trying not to break the cookie crumb base. Top evenly with remaining cookie crumb mixture, cover with plastic wrap and re-freeze for a few hours.
- 5Cut into squares. Serve with chocolate topping and whipped cream. Garnish each piece with mint sprig, if desired.